Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hampton Court Palace - We Were Wowed

Walking into Hampton Court Place - near London. Lots of history here, and a lot of it ugly stuff - and examples of decadence and over-the-top-ness like I've never seen before. More info here. This is actually a modest entrance, I think, compared to the buildings, grounds, art, gardens, "royal rooms," and kitchens inside. There were several groups of uniformed school children, my daughter mixed in with one group while touring inside.

2 comments:

Hilda said...

Blind me saw the link to this blog just now — I love it! I just read all your posts. I totally enjoy CDP, but I also love looking at new places from the point of view of a tourist, especially when it's with family. Love the one of your daughter and the 'other relative.' :)

Hope you post more!

Debbie Courson Smith said...

Thanks Hilda! Posting those pictures makes me long for another trip to England. We loved it! And there was so much we didn't have a chance to see, or spend enough time exploring places we did see.